Any items considered medical expenses by CRA can be submitted for reimbursement under a PHSP.
In addition to common medical expenses, many items not covered by traditional insurance plans are covered by a PHSP.
- Dental expenses and orthodontics
- Optometrists, Eye Glasses, Contact Lenses, and Laser Eye Surgery
- Massage Therapists
- Prescription medication
- Hospital stays and costs of ambulance transportation
- Over the Counter Medicines*
- Out of Country Medical Care
- Any fees paid for any other non-government health insurance plan